- Karvy Group
- Financial Services
- Equity Broking Services
- Depository Participant Services
- Distribution of Financial Products
- Currency Derivatives
- Wealth Management Services
- Portfolio Management Services
- Business Partners and Associates (Karvy Fortune)
- Karvy Fortune
- Investment Banking
- Commodities Broking
- Commodity Consultancy Services
- Non – Banking Financial Service
- Realty Services
- Forex & Currencies
- Insurance Repository
- Gsp Services
- Non Financial Services
The onset of the technology revolution in the financial-services industry saw the emergence of KSBL as an electronic custodian registered with the National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) and Central Securities Depository Ltd (CSDL) in 1998. We set standards enabling further comfort to the investor by promoting paperless trading across the country, emerging as one of the top-3 depository participants in India, in terms of customers serviced.
Offering a wide trading platform with dual membership of NSDL and CDSL, KSBL is a powerful medium for trading and settlement of dematerialized shares. We have established live DPMs, internet access to demat accounts, and an easier transaction process in order to offer greater convenience to individuals and corporate investors. A professionally managed team and the latest technological expertise have been allocated exclusively to our demat account division, including technological enhancements like SPEED-e. This makes our response time quick and our delivery impeccable. Moreover, a wide national network makes our efficiencies accessible to all.
Under depository participant services, we mainly offer demat account services.
What is a demat account?
A demat account holds all your securities, just like your bank account holds your money. The securities are held in electronic or dematerialized form. Among the financial instruments that your demat account can hold are government securities, shares, mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs). It is no longer possible for you to trade in the stock market unless you have such an account.
How do you open a demat account?
You have to do the following:
- Choose a depository participant, such as Karvy.
- Fill up the relevant form Karvy provides you with and also submit copies of required documents (proof of address and identity), along with a passport-sized photograph. You should also have a PAN card and the original documents for verification.
- We will verify the details you provide in the form through an in-person verification process.
- After processing your application, we will provide you with a client id. or account number, which you can use to access your account.
You could also open an account online from anywhere, at your convenience, and don’t have to send any physical documents. Just submit scanned document copies along with the filled-in form for account opening. We will do the in-person verification via internet, through video chat.
Alternatively, the electronic Know Your Customer (eKYC) process can be completed online using your Aadhaar number. You provide us with your PAN and Aadhar information and the details provided for your Aadhaar are linked to your demat account for eKYC.
The mobile phone number and email address you have registered with Aadhaar can be used for authentication of the process through a one-time password. You also have to provide bank account details. In case you don’t have a mobile number or email address linked with your Aadhaar, you have to visit one of Karvy’s branches for finger-print verification.
What are the benefits of a demat account
The major benefits include the following:
- This mode of holding securities is quite easy and convenient and helps reduce brokerage fees.
- No stamp duty is involved in transfer of securities as the securities are in electronic form.
- There is no restriction on the transactions and you could buy or sell even a single share, which is not possible with shares in physical form.
- The risk of theft, mutilation or loss of securities while moving them to and from registrars is not there since securities are in electronic form.
- As soon you have the securities in your account, you are their legal owner. You don’t have to re-send them to the registrar.
- Rights, bonus and other entitlements are disbursed faster.
- Besides company stock, your demat account is useful for investment in gold exchange-traded funds, and commodity futures.
- You can use securities such as shares, mutual fund units, shares and debentures held in your account as collateral for taking loans.
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014