Pan Card Information FAQs
You can apply for PAN by filling up application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN application form). The different forms available are -
- Form 49A (for Indian Citizens)
- Form 49AA (for Foreign Citizens)
- Request for New PAN Card Or/ And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data ( for reprint of pan card / corrections in existing pan data)
(a) Do you need physical card?While submitting PAN application form, applicant will have to indicate whether physical PAN card is required. Physical PAN card sent to the communication address. Following are the charges:
The e-PAN card in PDF format will be sent to the e-mail ID mentioned in PAN application form, if the same is provided. The following charges will be applicable(b) I dont needa physical card PAN applicant will have to indicate at the time of submission of PAN application, if the physical PAN Card is not required. In such cases, email ID will be mandatory & e-PAN Card will be sent to the PAN applicant at the email ID. Physical PAN Card will not be dispatched in such cases. Fees applicable are as follows:-
|Sr. No.||Particulars||Fees (exclusive of applicable taxes)(₹)||Fees (inclusive of applicable taxes)(₹)|
|1||Dispatch of physical PAN Card in India (Communication address is Indian address)||91||107|
|2||Dispatch of physical PAN Card outside India (where foreign address is provided as address for communication)||862||1,017|
|Particulars||Fees (exclusive of applicable taxes)(₹)||Fees (inclusive of applicable taxes)(₹)|
|e-PAN Card will be sent to the email ID mentioned in the PAN application form||61||72|
You can know the status of your application in the following ways:
- You can inquire the status of your application after 3 days of your application submission. To track status, go to NSDL-TIN website and then click the "Status track" option. Quote your unique 15-digit acknowledgement number to check status.
- You can also obtain status of your application through SMS using mobile phones. For this, you need to type the word "NSDLPAN" followed by your 15-digit acknowledgement number and send it to 57575. For example: SMS NSDLPAN 012345678901234 to 57575.
- You can also check the status of your application through NSDL Interactive Voice Response (IVR) by calling NSDL call center on 020-27218080.
- You can also contact Karvy TIN customer care team at email@example.com or call at 040-66282802/03/04/05.