Aadhaar Programme is a kind of scheme that provides Indian citizens with a unique combination of a 12-digit code called Aadhaar. This is issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) on behalf of the Government of the Indian nation. The most important purpose was to help establish a unique identity for each and every individual of the country.
The main objective behind the introduction of Aadhaar is to gather demographic and biometric data of the individuals residing in the country and accumulate it under one roof. The Aadhaar card is gradually becoming one of the most important documents in India. It is now required for almost all government associated services. One cannot purchase a new mobile phone connection without the 12-digit Aadhaar number. It has also become mandatory for a bank account, passport services, etc.
How to Register Mobile Number in Aadhaar?
● Many people wonder how to change mobile number in Aadhar card online. Unfortunately, UIDAI does not have an efficient functioning online method to register the mobile number in Aadhaar cards. One will have to resort to offline steps in order to do so.
● The applicant wishing to register his/her mobile number in the Aadhaar card will have to visit the Aadhar Kendra or the authorized enrollment centre.
● An Aadhaar correction form will be required to be carefully filled by the applicant along with the official’s help.
● The form is to be submitted after biometric authentication.
● An acknowledgment slip will be presented to you by the officials, which would contain an Update Request Number (URN). This URN will allow you to track your request.
● You do not need to acquire a fresh Aadhaar card number after registering the mobile number.
● After successful registration, the card-holding citizen will be able to receive OTPs and enjoy Aadhaar online services.
Sometimes, a person may require changing his/her contact details due to personal reasons. The new mobile number also needs to be updated in the Aadhaar card but few people are unaware of how to change mobile number in Aadhar card. So, here are a few simple steps on how to add mobile number in Aadhar card.
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card Online?
● The applicant will be required to visit the Aadhaar Kendra or the authorized enrolment centre.
● The applicant will have to fill the Aadhaar correction form in case of registering and fill the enrolment form in case of adding the mobile number.
● Then, submit the respective form to the Aadhaar executive.
● Authentication will be done and the acknowledgment slip will be provided.
It will take about 90 days to process and the mobile number will be changed or registered as applied for.
Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents that stands as your address proof and personal identity. While most of the people are aware of the importance and benefits of Aadhaar card, some still don’t have it. If you don’t have the 12-digit Aadhaar number, then you really need to get it issued at the earliest. Here are the steps on how to apply for an Aadhaar card and what are the documents required for it.
One simply cannot apply for an Aadhaar card through online means, only the booking for the appointment at the authorized Aadhaar enrolment centre can be done online. You will have to follow the steps and necessary procedures in order to successfully apply for an Aadhaar card.
● You can locate your nearest authorized Aadhaar enrolment centre at – https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/
● You can either download the Aadhaar application form online or you can get one free of cost at the enrolment centre – https://uidai.gov.in/resources/enrolment-docs/downloads.html
● Once you reach the authorized enrolment centre, then biometric tests like fingerprint scan, iris-eye scan and your photograph along with other important details will be appropriated as a component of the enrolment.
● These inputs can be reviewed and rectified by you during the enrolment.
● An Acknowledgement Slip will be handed over to you containing a temporary enrolment number and other certain details. This slip is to be kept safely as it will be required at the time of printing the duplicate Aadhaar card online.
● The provided information will be substantiated with utmost significance. On being affirmed authentic and correct, the applicant will receive an email or an SMS following which his/her Aadhaar number will be printed and would reach to him/her by post.
Documents required for Aadhaar card-
One Proof of Identity (PoI) and one Proof of Address (PoA) are needed for an Aadhaar card.
It is to be kept in mind that an Aadhaar card is valid individually and not one for the whole family. The head of a family can help in providing the details for his/her members. Any Indian citizen regardless of any discrimination can apply for an Aadhaar card and establish a unique identity for himself/herself.
It is vital for any Indian citizen to have his/her permanent mobile number registered in order to gain access to the Aadhaar Online Services. Also, Aadhaar card should be kept up to date with all the details being authentic and ready to be presented whenever and wherever required.