An Aadhar card is an important document that contains a 12-digit unique identification number that is issued by the central government. It is treated as a universal identification code that can be used instead of the other ID proofs like voter card, ration card, passport or PAN card.
The Aadhar card is a document that contains information such as your name, birth date, permanent residential address, gender, profession and marital status. As the card is beneficial for various purposes such as applying for a passport, opening bank accounts and availing LPG subsidies, you must ensure that the information in it is correct.
Therefore, if your birth date is incorrect in the Aadhar card it can cause many problems. This is because Aadhar is used in many places as your proof of age.
Let us take a closer look at the process of date of birth correction in Aadhar card.
How to change Date of Birth in Aadhar card?
You can change your Date of birth in Aadhar card by three methods. They are:
You will be able to perform Aadhar card DOB correction online, only if you have a registered mobile number linked to your Aadhar number. This is because, during the correction, an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your mobile for verification.
The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has made it simple for you to change your date of birth in Aadhar through their online portal. You have to follow these steps:
• Visit the official website of UIDAI to correct the details of your date of birth.
• Click on the Update Aadhar Card details within the Aadhar Online Services. The page will redirect you to the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal.
• Then you have to enter your 12-digit Aadhar card number.
• Enter the text verification captcha code in the box and click on the button below to send the OTP to your mobile.
• After receiving the OTP on your phone, enter it in the box to login to your Aadhar account.
• After logging in, select DOB for Aadhar card DOB correction online.
• Fill in the correct date and click on the submit button.
• Then you have to select a valid proof of identification. Upload the documents for verification and click on submit button.
• You will then have to select the BPO service provider to complete the request for an update. The BPO provider verifies the details of the documents uploaded by you.
• Note down the ‘Update Request Number’ (URN) that you will receive on your mobile number. You can use it to track the status of your update request.
You can change the date of birth information in your Aadhar card by visiting the nearest Enrolment Centre. The steps you need to take are:
• First, access the official UIDAI website and click on the ‘Update Aadhar’ at Enrolment/Update Centre option.
• You can then search for the enrolment centres nearby in the search box by postal code and state name.
• Then select the state, sub-district and district and city/ village/ town. Enter the captcha code for verification and click on ‘Locate centre’.
• You will then see a page that has all the information about the different enrolment centres near you. Visit the nearest centre for the correction process.
• Take the original Aadhar card and a document for your date of birth proof. You can carry your birth certificate in this regard.
• Fill in the correct date of birth information in the Update Aadhar card form.
• The enrolment centre official will take your biometric information to verify your identity.
• After you pay the processing fee of Rs. 25, the official will give you an acknowledgement slip. The slip will contain the URN that you can use to check the status of your request.
The steps to update your date of birth through the post are as follows:
• Go to the official UIDAI website and download the Aadhar data correction form.
• Take a printout of the form and fill in the correct data for changing your date of birth.
• After filling in the details, sign the form to complete the update request.
• You must attach a proof of your date of birth along with the form.
• Send the form and the supporting documents via speed post to the address mentioned in the official UIDAI website of your respective location.
Documents Required as Proof of Date of Birth
You can use any of these documents as proof of your date of birth during the correction process:
• Birth certificate
• Voter ID
• Ration card
• PAN card
• SSLC certificate or book
• The mark sheet issued by your university or school
• Pension or payment order offered by the state or central government
• Date of birth certificate issued by a Group A Gazetted officer
• Photo ID card authenticated by a recognized education institution
• PSU or Government issued Photo ID card
• Central Government Health Scheme Photo Card
• Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Card
Your update takes around 90 days to be completed. After that, the new Aadhar card will be delivered at your registered address. Make sure you are present at the time of delivery.