Aadhaar is probably the most important and widely accepted identity cards in India. Millions of Indians have it and still, millions are enrolling for it. In this pool, there is a considerable section of the population who is waiting for their Aadhaar card post-enrolment. To make this an easy affair, the Government of India has devised a couple of ways to check the status of your Aadhaar Card, which contains an online way as well as an offline method. While the offline method might be a bit hectic for the applicants, the online method, on the other hand, is very convenient that has been introduced by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Using the online method, you can get the option of how to check Aadhar card application status or other relevant details.
In the online method, one can choose any option based on the requirement. It will help one to locate enrolment centres, update Aadhaar card or check the status. There are several ways, using which you can check the status of your Aadhaar card. You can either use your enrolment number or can proceed by using your name. If you have applied for your Aadhaar, here are the steps of how to check Aadhar card status online:
1. Visit the UIDAI official website at http://uidai.gov.in/.
2. Once you are on the homepage, you can find several options on the left side. Click on the third option that is ‘Check Aadhar Status’.
3. Once clicked, you will be directed to the next page where you can check the status of your Aadhaar.
4. Now, to check the status of your Aadhaar card, you are likely to fill the form that may require the following information:
• Your enrolment ID: It should be typed using the format ‘EID(//)’. While filling the details, make sure you cross-check the number so that it is free of any error.
• Data and time of enrolment: You will have to fill in the date and time of your enrolment in ‘dd/mm/yy’.
• Security Code: The security code will appear on the screen. In case you did not get this code with the first click, you can try second time by clicking on ‘try another’.
Once all the necessary information is filled correctly, you will be required to click on the ‘Check Status’ button that can be located at the bottom of the page.
Apart from this method, you can also check the status using your enrolment number. Below are the steps on how to check Aadhar card status with enrolment number:
1. Go the official website of UIDAI that is http://uidai.gov.in/.
2. You will find the option ‘Aadhaar Services’ at the bottom of the page.
3. Once clicked on the button, you will be directed to Aadhaar ‘Kiosk’ providing several options to choose from.
4. Select the ‘Get Aadhaar’ option and then press ‘Check Aadhaar Status’.
5. Once done, you will be directed to a new form. Fill the details like enrolment ID, date and time and security code, and then click on the ‘Check Status’ option.
The status of your Aadhaar card can also be checked without any Acknowledgement details. If you are wondering how to check new Aadhar card status without acknowledgement details, the steps are provided below:
On the official page of UIDAI, click ‘Aadhar Services’ option at the bottom followed by ‘Find UID/EID’. You will be directed to a new page in which you can find the option to get your Aadhaar Number or Enrolment Number, click on the ‘Enrolment No. (EID)’ option. A form will appear where you will be required to fill the complete details, which you have used during the enrolment process. You will be provided with the option ‘Get OTP’. Click on that to get the OTP via email or SMS. Once OTP is received, enter the same and use the ‘Verify OTP’ option. Once done, you will get the Aadhaar Enrolment Number via text message or email.
To check the status of your Aadhaar card, the most important detail that you will require is the enrolment number. Often, people forget their Enrolment ID number and then try to look for alternates such as ‘how to check Aadhar card status by name’ or through other personal details. Unfortunately, this option is not available since the Aadhaar status can be checked only with the help of Enrolment ID.
So, if you have lost or forget your Enrolment ID, there is a better way to retrieve the details with the help of your registered phone number or email ID. And needless to mention, you should always use your permanent contact details to avoid any issue.