Permanent Account Number (PAN), an alphanumeric code for the account that keeps records of a person’s financial history, is widely used as an identity proof and required for various financial procedures, such as credit card, loan, investment, etc. Hence, it is mandatory to provide correct and updated information on your PAN card, especially the crucial details like photo and signature. Having the important information updated would help in hassle-free processing of your matters related to finance.
In case you are wondering how to change photo on PAN card, here’s the step-by-step process.
How to change photo on PAN card: Online procedure
Understanding how to change photo on PAN card online isn’t a big deal. The online procedure is simple and requires minimal time and effort. You have to follow these simple steps for PAN card photo change.
● Visit this official website for PAN card correction.
● You will be directed to this page after clicking on the link.
Fill the information asked on this page. Click on “have to make changes/corrections in existing PAN”, select “Yes”, and then click on “correction in Photo”.
● Click on “Individual” from the category option.
● Now fill up the applicant’s information and click on “submit”.
● Note down the generated token number and resume with the PAN application form.
● Select your mode of KYC.
● Fill up the Aadhar/EID and other required credentials.
● Click on photo mismatch and provide details of your parents.
● Provide your address and contact details correctly.
● Submit a copy of Aadhar card and PAN card or PAN allotment letter.
● First, click on ‘Declaration’ and then click on “Submit”.
● Attach the scanned copies of documents required.
● Now check the entire form and press “submit” to submit your application. You can edit the details if required and then submit the application.
● Now you have to pay INR 101 (inc. GST) if you are a permanent resident of India or Rs. 1,011 (inc. GST) if you reside overseas.
● Download the application form and take a printout of the form.
● Post the application to NSDL’s official address.
● Enclose all the documents required along with the application form.
● You will be provided with a 15-digit number, which will help you in tracking your PAN application.
Documents Required for Updating PAN Card
The applicant has to enclose any of the below documents at the time of PAN card photo change.
● Aadhar card or e Aadhar card
● Voter ID card
● Person of India origin (PIO) card provided by the Government of India
● Ration card with photo
● Photo Identification card provided by the Government of India or any public sector undertaking
● An overseas citizen of India card provided by the Government of India
● Health scheme card provided by the central government or retired servicemen health card
● Attached photograph of the applicant (recommended photo size: 3.5 cmx2.5 cm).
Changing your PAN card photo is a simple process, and hence, should not be avoided if need be. Always make sure your PAN card carries your clear, updated image so that all your finance-related transactions can be completed seamlessly.