PF or Provident Fund is a scheme that is beneficial for all salaried individuals for developing a financial corpus after retirement. In this fund, both the employer and the employee contribute a certain percentage of the salary. The scheme is handled by the EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organisation).
All registered members of the scheme are given a UAN (Universal Account Number). So, if you are a member, then you can use your UAN to check your PF balance for withdrawal and transferring the PF amount from one account to another.
In this article, we will focus on the process of checking PF claim status.
PF claim status
After you have made a request for withdrawal of PF, you will be able to check your claim status. If you have a UAN, the claim can be made using the PF Claim Form 11. You do not need to attest this form and it can be submitted online.
In case you do not have UAN, you have to submit the PF Form 19 to raise the claim. This form needs to be attested by the employer. Go to your corresponding EPFO centre and submit the form.
Steps to check PF claim status
In order to check your PF claim status online, you are required to have the following information with you:
• Extension code and name of the company
• The EPF regional office of the employer
Logging in the UAN member portal for checking claim status
If you have a UAN and password, you can check the status of your claim through the UAN member portal. Follow these steps:
• Go the official website of the EPFO by visiting www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
• Next, you have to visit the ‘For Employee’s’ page that is under ‘Our Services’.
• Then, on the ‘For Employee’s’ page, you will find the ‘Services’ section. Under this, you will have to click on the ‘Member UAN/Online Service’.
• A new tab will be opened. Here, you have to fill in the login information such as UAN and password, along with a captcha.
• After logging in the account, you will find the ‘Online Services’ tab. Here, click on ‘Track Claim Status’.
• On the next page, you will be able to see the status of your claim.
Checking the PF claim status by calling the EPFO number
The EPFO has a 24 x 7 customer care number i.e. 1800 118 005 where you can call anytime to check the status of your PF withdrawal. When you call the number, the EPFO officer will ask for your UAN and PF account number. So, make sure that you have them handy while calling up the number as it will be required to check your claim.
Check the PF withdrawal status using EPF account number
If you do not have UAN, you can use the EPF account number to check the PF withdrawal status. The following steps must be followed:
• Visit the official website http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php.
• Visit the ‘Know Your Claim Status’ page and click on the ‘Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status’.
• In the drop-down that appears, select the ‘concerned state’.
• Then, select your city that appears in the table following the previous step.
• In the next page, you have to fill the details of your PF account. The first two boxes of the account number will be filled; you have to fill in the rest.
• After you hit the ‘Submit’ button, the latest claim or withdrawal status will be displayed on the screen.
Checking the PF claim through the UMANG application
You can check the status of your EPF claim using the UMANG mobile application. But, you need to get your UAN updated along with the mobile number to do this.
Follow these steps to verify the claim status:
• Launch the UMANG application and you will see the ‘EPFO’ option.
• Click on ‘Employee Centric Services’.
• In the next window, select the ‘Track Claim’ option.
• After that, a login form will appear. Here, Enter your UAN.
• Click on the ‘Get OTP’ option. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with your EPF account.
• Enter the OTP in the box. Hit ‘Login’.
• You will see all the current status of your claim. All claims made against your UAN will be displayed along with status, type of claim and claim date.
EPF claim status check with UAN
The following steps can be taken when you have UAN to check claim status:
• Visit the official website https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemClaimStatusUAN/.
• On the page that appears, enter your ‘UAN’ and the captcha. Hit the ‘search’ button.
• All the accounts associated with the UAN will be displayed on the screen. Click on the one whose claim status you want to know.
• The latest status of your claim will be displayed.
Before you decide to withdraw your PF amount, make sure that the account is active. If there are no contributions to your PF account for more than three years, it will be rendered inoperative. You can visit the EPFO office to get the necessary details if you want to reactivate the account.