Aadhaar is being given a pivotal role in the financial landscape of India..
Aadhaar is being given a pivotal role in the financial landscape of India. It is not only being used to establish an individual’s identity, but the government has now made it mandatory for linking Aadhaar number with a host of financial instruments like bank accounts, insurance and mutual funds. In this perspective, we at Karvy seek to make this process hassle free for investors who can link their Aadhaar numbers to their mutual fund folioswith ease.The investors should note that the whole process is short and simple.
Steps to link your Aadhaar to Mutual Fund Investments:
- For linking your Aadhaar number with the mutual fund folio, first go to the Karvy website using the following link-https://www.karvymfs.com/karvy/Aadhaarlinking.aspx.
- In the second step, this link will redirect the investor to a page with two tabs. They are:Individuals- Click to Link Aadhaar card and Non Individuals- Click to Link Aadhaar Card. As an individual investor, please click on the first link for individual Aadhaar card linking.
- To fill up the details in this page, you need to have your PAN card handy. The page will ask you to fill up your PAN details for generating an OTP (One Time Password). Please note that, the OTP is an authentication measure to verify the genuineness of theinformation and the investor.
- The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number as well as the email ID of the investor. Please enter this OTP in the slot provided in the next page. After entering the OTP, the page will generate a list of funds where you have invested in. Please check all the boxes and enter your Aadhaar number in the slot provided and click on submit.
Here are the lists of mutual funds that are available for investors in the Karvy platform:
- Axis Mutual Fund
- Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund
- BOI AXA Mutual Fund
- Canara Robeco Mutual Fund
- DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund
- Edelweiss Mutual Fund
- Essel Mutual Fund
- IDBI Mutual Fund
- India Bulls Mutual Fund
- INVESCO Mutual Fund
- JM Financial Mutual Fund
- LIC Mutual Fund
- Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
- Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
- Principal Mutual Fund
- Quantum Mutual Fund
- Reliance Mutual Fund
- Taurus Mutual Fund
- UTI Mutual Fund
So, individuals having investment in these mutual fund houses can link their Aadhaar numbers with their folios.
On the completion of the step, a window will pop-up informing that Aadhaar number would be seeded against your PAN number.Also,an email will be sent to your registered email ID acknowledging the linking of Aadhar to your Mutual Fund folios. In the subsequent days, the investor will receive an email from all the mutual fund companies informing about the successful linking of Aadhaar with the mutual fund folios.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:50:00 AM